TEMPO automates food safety testing for total viable counts, coliform counts, generic E. coli, and Enterobacteriaceae, lactic acid bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, yeasts and molds, Bacillus cereus and now Campylobacter spp. Enumerating these organisms is important to a food quality lab to provide evidence of process control, effectiveness of interventions, and an indication of product spoilage and safety.
- TEMPO is a fully automated enumeration system that tests quality indicators in food products and environmental samples within your laboratory. Connected to your LIMS, TEMPO provides objective results and ensures data traceability with minimal preparation time. Accuracy and efficiency matter. Let TEMPO automate your food safety testing.
- Quality indicator enumeration of total viable counts, coliform counts, generic E. coli, and Enterobacteriaceae, lactic acid bacteria and Staphylococcus aureus, yeast and molds, and Bacillus cereus for food and environmental samples
- We just expaned our portfolio with the new TEMPO Campylobacter enumeration test kit, bringing you convenience and unlocking value for your operation
Features and Benefits
Time management is crucial in the agri/food industry. TEMPO helps you:
- Speed up the selection and management of raw materials
- Accelerate corrective action in the case of non-compliance
- Expedite product release, especially for re-tests
- Accelerate stock rotation
- Rapidly respond to regulatory guidelines and customers' requirements
TEMPO helps gain time for other tasks:
- Assess production process to better understand and anticipate possible non-compliance
- Carry out trend analyses of results
- Revisit HACCP plan and monitor the critical control points
- Improve the training of production personnel in microbiological risks
- Reinforce food pathogen control plan or increase chemical analyses
- Increase testing analyses.
TEMPO Features & Specs
bioMérieux innovates by proposing specific culture media which allow rapid bacterial growth. bioMérieux miniaturized the Most Probable Number (MPN) method with 16 tubes in a single consumable, the TEMPO card.
- The card, at the heart of the TEMPO system, offers the precision of the 16-tube MPN method without the usual tedious preparation.
- Each medium contains a fluorescent indicator based on the formula of traditional culture media and bioMérieux’s expertise in bacteriology.
- Each well in the card corresponds to a dilution tube and the size of the well corresponds to 1 to 3 levels of dilution.
- After distribution of the culture media-sample mixture in the wells of the card, the bacteria multiply during incubation and metabolize the culture media.
- According to the number and size of the positive wells (fluorescent or non-fluorescent), the TEMPO system uses statistical methods to calculate the number of microorganisms present in the initial sample.
- The final result is expressed in CFU/g.