- VIDAS® and its compact version, MINI VIDAS®, have an installed base of approximately 34,500 systems worldwide, including 29,500 in clinical laboratories.
- VIDAS® 3 brings new features and enhanced automation. This new generation, was developed with healthcare professionals to meet their needs in a changing technical, organizational and regulatory environment. It provides:
- greater autonomy: tests can be performed on demand, 24 hours a day and seven days a week,
- a tailored solution with an intuitive touch screen interface,
- enhanced automation including an integrated pipetting system,
- improved traceability.
- VIDAS® uses ELFA technology (Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay) and is based on the single-test concept.
- VIDAS® changed the field of immunoassays, offering laboratories a simple and robust technique that delivers reliable and rapid results.
- It can conduct all steps of biological testing automatically and detect and/or quantify:
- antigens or toxins showing a viral or bacterial infection,
- antibodies quantifying the immune response to infection,
- markers for diseases such as cancer, metabolic diseases or hormonal disorders.
- Tests can be carried out individually or in series.
- Drawing on its expertise acquired in the field of clinical diagnostics, biomérieux has adapted the VIDAS® technology to serve the needs of industrial microbiological control laboratories in the agri-food sector.
The VIDAS® menu comprises over 100 parameters, covering a wide range of human pathologies with high medical-value tests to target infectious diseases, in particular sepsis and cardiovascular diseases.
The application of bacteriophage technology
- Bacteriophages are viruses programmed exclusively to identify and infect a specific type of bacteria.
- Bacteriophage technology simulates the virus’ attack on the bacteria: the proteins recognize the targeted bacteria and bind to it.
- bioMérieux was the first to use bacteriophage proteins for the targeted capture and detection of bacteria in a sample for microbiological control.
This technology, integrated in our VIDAS® UP tests, brings:
- detection tests with unrivalled performance levels (sensitivity, specificity, ease of use),
- results obtained within 24 hours, instead of several days as is the case with reference methods.